First off, apologies for the delay for this week’s post. Without further ado however, Otakon 2017 took place last weekend, and there’s a good amount of announcements to share with you.
On the Japanese side of the visual novel world, there have also been plenty of new game announcements and other nice tidbits that should be shared.
Despite the time frame of this post, the news will stay focused on the past week, it won’t include any items from this week (Sorry, Sakura Sakura Kickstarter). As usual, the news has been split between English Visual Novels, Japanese Visual Novels, and Nukige games specifically.
English visual novels
New Rance game translations
Mangagamer is keeping up with their localization of Alicesoft titles. At Otakon 2017 they announced the acquisition of Turn Based Strategy Game Sengoku Rance. Arguably one of the most well-known entries in the Rance series. The game provides dozens of hours of gameplay as you try to conquer an alternative version of Japan set in the warring states era.
Many different paths and endings are available. All of them are dependent on the choices you make while you conquer the land. A special website has been opened here.
Secondly, Rance Quest Magnum was announced. A translation of the 2012 expansion upon the Rance Quest game. A special website is available here.
Translation for Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o – Michael no Otome-tachi
Yuri fans can rejoice, as Mangagamer announced yet another Sonohana title that will get a localization. This time it’s Michael no Otome-tachi. A game in the series that was originally released in 2012. The game reintroduces the same five couples featured in the previous title and follows their relationships progress.
A special website is available here.
Release date for Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki
The English version of well-known visual novel Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki by Palette will be released on August 25, Sekai Project announced, which is surprisingly close. No price or purchase links have been made available as of yet.
Short English title news
- A Kickstarter campaign was started for Shining Song Starnova. It’s currently over halfway towards its goal.
- Minori and Mangagamer’s funding campaign for Supipara chapter 2 has reached its goal. Expect it soon (Source).
- Mangagamer will also partner with Lunasoft to localize dungeon crawler game Ritaania no Seirei Tsukai.
- Debut title “His Chuunibyou Can’t Be Cured!” by Tamaya Kagiya is expected to release on Steam and Mangagamer this fall.
- The Tower of Five Hearts by TsukiWare is also expected to release this fall.
- (Otome) Fashioning Little Miss Lonesome is now accepting pre-orders at Mangagamer.
- (Nukige) Atelier Sakura’s “Marina’s Cuckolding Report” was released on Mangagamer this week.
- The website for NarKarma EngineA by Novectacle was opened. Check it out here.
- Frontwing published new backer reward preview images for the Kickstarter campaign of Wonderful Days.
- Sekai Project also released an updated uncensored version for the adult version of Chrono Clock.
- Fatal Twelve’s demo was updated with voice data.
Also, on a slightly related note, Jast USA updated their website with a new look. Check it out here.
Japanese visual novels
Sequel for Palette’s 9 -Nine- Kokonotsu Kokonoka Kokonoiro announced
Palette has revealed a teaser page for episode 2 in the 9 -Nine- series. The first episode was released in April this year. The title for episode 2 is “9 -Nine- Sorairo Sora Uta Sora no Oto”. More information will follow but we at least know that the art will be drawn by Palette regular Izumi Tsubasu, and the story will be written by Kazuki Fumi.
Cosmic cute new project trailer
Cosmic Cute has released a short promotional video for their upcoming 5th project. The company that previously developed titles like Gleam Garden no Shoujo and Sora no Tsukurikata, published the video on their Youtube channel here.
Artist Muutsuki will once again be responsible for the game’s artwork, while the story writer is still unknown at this point. More information is bound to follow.
New Neko works brand + game
Neko Works, a brand you might know from the Neko Para series, has announced a new brand. The new brand is named “Neko Work H”. A teaser page for the debut game under this name has been opened here.
It’s called “Love Cube”. The story will once again be written by Neko Para writer Yukihito, while art will be done by Ishikei, an artist who mostly works on doujins.
A release for this new game is not expected before 2018. More info to be released at a later time.
Short Japanese title news
Several other new game teasers were published this week. Here’s a list, followed by other news.
- (Rumors) Alcot supposedly announced a new game at an event in Japan: Shougun-sama wa Otoshigoro. More info to follow.
- Nitroplus is working on a new title called Minikui Mojika no Ko (Website here).
- Azarashi Soft will be making a fandisc for Amakano ~Second Season~ (Teaser here)
- Azarashi Soft will also be working on a sequel (fandisc?) for short title Aikagi.
- Gesen 18 published a teaser for new title Sangoku Hime 5.
- Frill opened the website (nsfw) for newly announced title Enkou Shoujo 2.
- Sprite is working on a Nintendo Switch version for Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm.
- NekoNeko Soft’s Ruri no Kasane was delayed to a yet-to-be determined later date.
- New brand Miti released the trial (Mirror) for debut title Hoshi Furu Yoru no Farnese.
- Inre also released a trial for Bakumatsu Jinchuu Houkoku Resshiden Miburo.
- Wonder Fool published the OP for October title Junjou Karen Freaks (Youtube).
- The Wagamama High Spec fandisc reached gold status. A second OP was released as well (Youtube).
Nukige (External NSFW links)
- Norn’s latest title is called (Hang on) “Nyotai-ka Shitara Shouta na Otouto ga Hatsujou Shisugite Yabai! ~Hitamuki ni Motomerare Makuru Doukyo Seikatsu ga Yosugite Kokoro made Onee-chan ni Nacchau!?~“.
- Valkyria’s new title is called “Tabe Doll ☆ Komachi-chan ~Idol ga Mucchiri de Ecchi ja Dame Desu ka~“.
- Atelier G/H’s new title is called “Kyonyuu Shoujo no Ero Inu“.
- Appetite opened the website for new game “Boku no Sobo ~Obaa-chan, Nureteru yo?~”.
- And for Uchi no Ichizu na Tsuma ni Kagitte…
- Rebecca’s “Mahou Seijo Himekishi Kanon” has been dated to September.
We do our best to find all items that might interest you as a visual novel fan. Still, if you feel like there’s anything missing in this post, feel free to contact us on twitter or through our contact page. Next week’s post should be on schedule as usual.