Tech Gian 9 was published this week and that means new title announcements. Lots of them. Because of that most news will be from Japanese titles this week. Nonetheless it’s definitely worth mentioning that there will be some English titles releasing this week as well. These are listed in the English news section of this post.
So without further ado, here’s the visual novel news summary for the past week (Jul 17 – Jul 23). Just like usual the news has been split between English Visual Novels, Japanese Visual Novels, and Nukige games specifically.
English visual novels
Shining Song Starnova Demo (NSFW)
English translation announced for Haikuo Soft’s Sakura Sakura
New startup Sol Press has announced to partner with Japanese developer Haikuo Soft for a localization of their Sakura Sakura. A kickstarter is scheduled to start on August 1st. A website was also opened here.
Short English title news
- Don’t forget that Wagamama High Spec will be released on July 25. A demo is available on Steam here.
- Frontwing’s Grisaia Phantom Trigger Vol.3 will also release this week on July 28.
- Yuri game “A Kiss For The Petals: The New Generation!” is of by 20% at Mangagamer to celebrate the Chinese release of Remembering How We Met (also on sale).
- Blog post: Mangagamer posted an introduction to Princess Evangile W Happiness, which will release on Jul 28.
- Blog post: Another Dal Segno tester’s corner (vol 3.) has been posted on Mangagamer’s blog.
Japanese visual novels
New Purple Software game: Aoi Tori
Well-known brand Purple Software has announced a new visual novel called “Aoi Tori“. A romance drama set in a school setting, in which the protagonist has the ability to make people happy with a simple touch.
The story will be written by Chrono Clock’s author Mikage and relatively new author Ono Wasabi, amongst others. While art will be by Koku (Chrono Clock, Hapymaher) and new artist named Akio. The director is Purple Software’s regular “Yu”.
New Baldr game “Baldr BringeR” announced, website open
Giga and Team Baldrhead have announced another entry in the Baldr series, “Baldr BringeR”. A special website has been opened here. It has 12 character introductions available, as well as 3 (NSFW) gallery images, and other information about the game.
There will be about 11 artists working on it and writers Shina and Kikakuya will be working on the story.
The release date has been set to October 27.
Website open for new title Kizuna Kirameku Koi Iroha
Revealed roughly 2 weeks ago, new brand Crystalia’s debut title is named Kizuna Kirameku Koi Iroha. Target release year is 2017. The official website has now been opened, revealing the game’s story introduction (translation here). Character pages are also available for the 5 heroines and the protagonist Touki. And finally there’s the gallery page with 4 CG previews, and a trailer on Youtube here.
New game: Sora no Baroque (Light)
Japanese company Light, known from games like Dies Irae and Senshinkan, announced a new title this week. Sora no Baroque will be written by Kurashiki Tatsuya, a name you might know for games like Silverio Trinity and Innocent Bullet. The artist is Ueda Metawo.
A teaser website has been opened here. But it doesn’t contain much more than these names and a introductory picture.
Short Japanese title news
Since this list is so long for this week. It’s split up in sections
New titles and websites
- Waffle opened the website for new game “Kyonyuu Fantasy 3 if“. Release is in October.
- Another website was opened for Kanojo wa Tenshi de Imouto de by Alcot Honey Comb. Featuring 4 heroine pages and just as many gallery images.
- New brand Curefull Base released the title of their debut game, “Tsugihagi Make Peace”. Website opened here with chara introductions, a gallery, and more.
- New brand Torte Soft also opened the website for their debut title “Abnormal Lovers”. Release is in November this year.
- The website for Cube’s “Yurameku Kokoro ni Michita Sekai de, Kimi no Yume to Yokubou wa Kanau ka” has been opened. It only contains a few pages so far, including character pages.
- Ensemble Sweet opened the website for Ubu na Otome no Ecchi na Onegai. Release to be in August.
- Pulltop opened the websites for 2 translated version of the Lovekami titles. Sweet stars & Trouble Goddess.
- Smee published a teaser page for new title “Making＊Lovers”. More info in a few days.
- Campus’ new title is “Boukyaku Shitsuji to Koi Suru Ojou-sama no Memoires”, release to be in October.
Information & Trial releases
- Parasol released the OP for Sakura Hitohira Koi Moyou (Youtube)
- Akabei Soft released a trial for August game Teakamamire no Danshi. Get it from Getchu here.
- A trial has also been released for Skyfish’s Blade x Bullet.
- The release date was set to September 29 for Seven Days by Life 0.
- Cosmillica released a trial for Subete no Koi ni, Hanabata o.
- August announced a PS4 and PS Vita version for their most recent title, Sen no Hatou, Tsukisome no Kouki.
- (Anime) A preview has been released for the upcoming Kud Wafter anime (Youtube)
Nukige (External NSFW links)
- Waffle’s Zen’aku reached gold status.
- Milk Factory opened the website for new game “Motto! Haramase! Honoo no Oppai Isekai Ero Mahou Gakuen!”
- A release date of October 27 appeared for “Otto no Inu Ma ni… ~Watashi Odosarete, Anata ni Ienai Koto Shimashita~” by Silky’s Sakura.
- Miel opened the website for new title Ijimekko no Bakunyuu Gachi Haramase Seisai! ~Do S na Onna Shachou Mama o Ero Hidoi Koto de Yorokobu Do M Onahole ni Shite Yatta♪~.
- Interheart Glossy released the trial for upcoming game Hara Katsu! 2 (Getchu)
- Appetite released a trial for Seishukujo e no Aiiku Choukyou.
Whew, that was quite a list to process. We do our best to find all items that might interest you as a visual novel fan. Still, if you feel like there’s anything missing in this post, feel free to contact us on twitter or through our contact page.